This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Apply for Council Tax Support

Before applying for Council Tax Support you must first make sure that you are eligible to make a claim.  You can find out whether you can claim Council Tax Support on the can I claim Council Tax Support page.

I have made a claim before

If you have made a claim before, the fastest way to claim is by signing into your online account. Choose benefits, select the account you would like to make a claim for, then select eclaim.

Sign into your online account

I have never claimed before

If you have never claimed before, or do not have an online account, you can still make a claim online.

Make a claim online

You will need your details and those of anyone else who lives with you, including:

  • your name
  • date of birth
  • National Insurance Number
  • details of your income or anyone else living in the household

Don’t worry if you don’t have all of the information now.

You will need to claim as soon as possible as we can only usually pay from the date you first contact us. 

When you make your claim online, we'll send you a summary of the details we'll use to work out your benefit. You need to check the information and tell us if anything is missing or wrong and supply your supporting documents.

If you encounter problems using our online claim form, you can call 0300 1234 121 where an advisor will be able to help you.