This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Appealing to the Valuation Tribunal Service

If you think our decision about your Council Tax Support is wrong, you must write to the Benefit Assessment team, first. 

Contact us online

Continue reading

Alternatively, you can write to us at any point to say you disagree with a Council Tax Support decision. Our address is Benefit Assessment team, PO BOX 676, Threemilestone, Truro, TR1 9EQ.

There is no time limit for this, however we must reply to you within two months of getting your request.

You can only appeal to the Valuation Tribunal Service after you have written to us and:

  • If we have looked at our decision again, and you are still unhappy with it. You must contact the Valuation Tribunal Service within two months of the date of our reply.
  • If you have asked us to look at our decision again, but you have not heard from us, and it is two months since you wrote to us.

You can appeal to them about:

  • Whether you are entitled to Council Tax Support (they may call it Council Tax Reduction).
  • How much Council Tax Support we have awarded you under Cornwall Councils local government scheme.

You can’t appeal to the Valuation Tribunal about the rules we have put into our local government scheme.  View the rules for the scheme.

Also you can’t appeal to the Valuation Tribunal about Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit.

You can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal by:

The Valuation Tribunal contact details are: