This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Second Adult Rebate for pension age people

Second Adult Rebate is help with Council Tax when another adult living with you prevents you getting a discount or exemption from Council Tax.

Only people of State Retirement Pension age can get Second Adult Rebate, and only as long as:

Continue reading
  • you cannot get Council Tax Support because your income or savings are too high.
  • another adult, on a low income, lives in your home who isn’t responsible for paying the council tax bill.  That person cannot be:
    • Your partner
    • A joint tenant or joint owner of the property, or
    • Someone who pays you rent for board and/or lodgings

Second Adult Rebate is for help with Council Tax; and this is based on the second adult’s income.

The quickest and easiest way to find out if you can get Second Adult Rebate is to use our online confidential claim calculator.  Using our online calculator is not the same as making a claim; you will need to do this separately below.

If you are eligible, you can apply for Second Adult Rebate using the link below.

Apply for Second Adult Rebate online