This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Housing Benefit payments

Housing Benefit can provide you with additional money to help you pay your rent if you are unemployed, on a low income or claiming other benefits.  You may get help with part or all of your rent.  There is not a set amount paid to everybody.  It will depend on the size of your household, whether you rent privately, from a council or a housing association. 

Payments of Housing Benefit can be made in different ways depending on the type of tenancy you have.  Normally we would pay the benefit to you but we may be able to pay your landlord if you are vulnerable. Also for certain types of tenancies,  we may pay your benefit to your landlord.

Continue reading