This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Motor Vehicle (MV)

All vehicles owned by Cornwall Council have fully comprehensive insurance cover via Zurich Municipal. The Council self insures for the first £150,000 of each and every claim.

Any organisation using a Cornwall Council owned vehicle is responsible for the first £250 of each and every claim. Even if you believe an accident to be the fault of a third party you will still be liable for the first £250 of the claim. If the Council is successful in reclaiming its costs then the £250 will be reimbursed accordingly.

Continue reading

All repairs to Cornwall Council owned vehicles must be completed within 6 months for an insurance claim to be processed. Some exceptions may be considered.

In the event of a Council employee being involved in an accident they should, in the first instance, notify Liz Colclough, Senior Admin Assistant, CTO, Scorrier. Liz can be contacted on 01872 327322 and the relevant details will be taken. Contact will then be made with the Risk and Insurance team when it is necessary.

Incidents involving Fire and Rescue vehicles should be reported to Sarah Skeplorn in the first instance on 01872 322038.

If a school is involved in an accident then they should notify Scott George, Senior Insurance Officer, Dalvenie House, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro, TR1 3AY on 01872 323850.