This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Report an out of hours emergency

On this page you can find emergency out of hours contact numbers. 

Emergency services

For the police, fire service or medical emergencies, call 999.

For non-emergencies, you can call the police on 101 and get medical advice by calling 111.​

Anti-terrorist hotline - phone the Police on 0800 789 321

Utility companies

For gas, water and electrical emergencies

Wales and West - if you smell gas phone 0800 111 999

South West Water - to report a water leak phone 0800 230 0561

Western Power - to report a power cut phone 105 or 0800 6783 105

Council services

Social care emergencies 

Council Housing emergency repairs - phone 0300 1234 161 if there is:

  • A serious threat to your health and safety, such as a gas leak or dangerous electrical fault
  • Major damage to the structure of the building
  • A serious property related security problem not including lost keys
  • Total prolonged loss of essential service, such as gas, water or electricity that results in a serious impact to immediate health or safety of house occupants
  • You are homeless tonight due to not having suitable accommodation available for your occupation

Highways emergency (report urgent or hazardous issues) - 0300 1234 222


  • Report flooding or drainage issues on public roads by phoning 0300 1234 222
  • Environment Agency Floodline 24 hour advice - 0345 988 1188

Antisocial behaviour including noise, waste or other nuisance issues - 0300 1234 212

Fire and Community Safety 0300 1234 232

  • Anti-social behaviour
  • Community safety
  • Crime and anti-social behaviour
  • Domestic violence
  • Emergency planning
  • Fire safety (including petroleum and explosives licences)
  • Firework displays
  • Vandalism