Listening and Learning: Compliments, comments and complaints
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. By letting us know what you think - when we are doing a good job or when you think we could do better - you are helping to improve the Council for everybody.
Please use our Feedback and Complaints Form to give us your compliment, suggestion, comment or complaint.
We have a set of standards that outline the service that you can expect from us: our Customer Service Promise.
We aim to provide our customers with good services, but sometimes things go wrong. When this happens, we want you to tell us so that we can try and put things right.
The best way to sort out any problems is to contact the service directly. Where possible, a member of our service team will do their best to resolve the issue for you.
How to get in touch with the service should be on any letters or emails we have sent you, or on this website. If you remain unhappy, please make a complaint so that we can look into the matter further.
Common tasks that are not complaints
- Appeal a car parking fine
- Appeal a Council Tax Support decision
- Appeal a Housing Benefit Decision
- Appeal a planning decision
- Appeal a Council Tax decision
- Report a missed bin collection
- Report a problem with a road highway or footway
- Personal information request
- Freedom of information request
How to complain
If your feedback relates to a complaint, choosing the right process will help speed things up
- Cornwall Housing (including homelessness and housing issues)
- Adult social care complaints
- Children and family care complaints
- Complaints against a Councillor (including town and parish councils)
- Complaints about schools
If your feedback does not relate to any of the above, the quickest and easiest way to give feedback or make a complaint is to use our Feedback and Complaint Form (or email us if you have documents to attach).
Our Customer Feedback Policy explains how we deal with complaints. It also covers other types of feedback like comments, suggestions and compliments:
If you cannot use the feedback and complaint form, you can submit your feedback using the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 1234 100
- Write to us: Customer Feedback Team, 4S New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro, TR1 3AY