This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.


Here you will find links to various information most associated with Emergencies, please use the links in the left hand menu to find relevant information.

Reporting non-urgent crimes

Continue reading

The introduction of 101, the new telephone number for reporting non-urgent crimes to Devon and Cornwall Police went live on 5 September 2011.

People who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired will be able to use the new textphone number 18001 101. People will also be able to email the police on:

The introduction of 101 is part of an ongoing commitment to make local police more accessible to the public.  101 is much easier to remember and costs 15p per call, irrespective of how long it lasts, and whether from a landline or mobile.

All South West Forces will start to use 101 on 5 September and the number will be standard across the whole of England and Wales by January 2012.

When a member of the public calls 101, the system determines their location and connects them to the police Force in their area.  If a caller is located on a boundary between two or more Forces, they are given a choice of which one to speak to.  If you are anywhere in the UK you can still dial 101 and have the option to speak to Devon and Cornwall Police or any Force.

It is important to stress that the police are not changing the way they respond to non-urgent enquiries; the public will still speak to call handlers in the control rooms in Plymouth and Exeter.  This will ensure that staff with local knowledge deal with public enquiries in a way that best meets the needs of our communities.

For more information visit: