This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Adult social care

We help adults with social care needs find care and support so they can live as independently as possible in their own homes. This includes older people, people with physical disabilities or learning disabilities, and mental health service users. We can arrange for someone to work with you if you need help to understand what your needs are and how to access services you need.

Social care needs are:

Continue reading
  • Making sure you eat well
  • Looking after yourself
  • Help with day to day living
  • Emotional wellbeing and mental health
  • Staying safe
  • Supporting your family and friends to care for you

We also provide help for carers who look after relatives or friends who can’t manage on their own. 

Use the links in the menu to find out about the things we can help with.

We’ll look at your social care needs and work with you to find out which services will help you maintain your wellbeing and independence.

Take me there

Use the Care and Support in Cornwall directory to find out what help is available in your area.

Take me there

If you have social care needs, we’ll carry out a financial assessment to see if you need to pay towards your care and support, including information on direct payments.

Take me there

Our easy read complaints leaflet explains how to make a comment, compliment or complaint about adult social care.

Take me there

Find out how the Care Act affects the way you pay for your care and support.

Take me there