This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Request help for an adult

For help and advice about social care or support for an adult, you can:

Request help for an adult online

Continue reading


  • Ring 0300 1234 131 between 8.45am and 5.15pm Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 4.45pm on Fridays.

We’ll ask you some questions to find out what you need and how you can be helped.

If you have concerns that a vulnerable adult may be experiencing abuse or neglect, see our safeguarding adults web pages.

If our offices are closed and it’s an emergency, you can ring 0300 1234 131.

Our film tells you about the support we can give you and how you can get it.

If you need just a little help to manage at home, we may offer you advice or suggest you use the Support in Cornwall directory to find support near your home.

If your independence and well being are at significant risk, we’ll arrange to visit you and carry out a needs assessment to look at your eligible social care needs. 

We’ll work out a personal budget so you can organise and buy your own care and support via an agreed support plan.  This gives you choice and control over the support you get.

Your support plan could include care at home, short term care, minor home adaptations, loaning you equipment and more. 

We’ll also carry out a financial assessment to see whether you’ll need to pay something towards your care and support.

You can find out more in our easy read information about social care needs assessments.

If you’re an unpaid carer, you can have a carer’s assessment, which looks at the support you need to look after someone else.  This could include short breaks from your caring role.

You can have a carer’s assessment even if the person you look after doesn’t want to have their own needs assessment or isn’t eligible for help from us.