This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Disabled Children's Record

What is the Disabled Children’s Record (DCR)?

The Children Act 1989 says that all Local Authorities must have a record of disabled children and young people in their area.

Continue reading

It is your choice if you want to be a part of this record.

We can send you news and updates about Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) services.

It also lets us see where people with SEND live and helps us plan services.

Your record is not linked to any other register.

It will not affect entitlement to services or benefits.

Being on the DCR does not automatically entitle your child to services.

To access the DCR you will need to create an account on the Support in Cornwall website.

Once registered, visit the "Dashboard" to create a record for your child.