This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Pensions Ombudsman

What is the Pensions Ombudsman?

If your problem or complaint:

Continue reading
  • has not been resolved through the internal disputes resolution procedure or,
  • has not been resolved through the Early Resolution Team

you can make an application to the Pensions Ombudsman.

You must make your application within 3 years of the complaint arising. The Ombudsman can investigate an issue or complaint which you feel involves maladministration.

It is worth noting that the Ombudsman's decision is binding. The Ombudsman cannot investigate complaints if legal proceedings have already commenced.

10 South Colonnade,
Canary Wharf,
E14 4PU

Telephone: 0800 9174487


Our Jargon Buster may help with pensions terminology.