This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

National Concession Bus Pass

New Senior Bus Pass New Disabled Bus Pass

Replace Your Bus Pass Update Your Address

Because of Covid-19, Libraries cannot assist with Bus Pass applications until further notice. Please use our online application service to get or replace your bus pass. Or you can call us on 0300 1234 222 to get a postal application form. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

When and where can I use my bus pass? 

Your bus pass is issued under the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS). There are two types of passes:

Both passes give you the same level of entitlement and have a set expiry date printed on the card. Cards are then renewed depending on type. Companion passes are not issued or accepted on local bus services in Cornwall.

From 1 April 2019 your bus pass allows you to travel free of charge at anytime on the majority of services within Cornwall.

You can use your bus pass to travel on bus services outside of Cornwall between 0930 and 2300 Monday to Friday.  You can also use it anytime at weekends and Bank Holidays (not Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or the Isle of Man.) Outside of these times you must pay the standard fare for your journey.

Am I eligible for a pass? 

If you live in Cornwall and you are an older person or have a permanent disability you may be able to get a pass. It is important that you apply for the category of pass that best suits you. Please do not send original documents as we cannot guarantee being able to send these back.

I haven't received my pass - what do I do?

When you apply for a bus pass or a replacement bus pass, we will process your application within 14 days. Passes should arrive within 21 days. Sometimes delays may occur during busy times.

Please tell us as soon as possible if your pass has not arrived within this time to avoid any charges.

Please remember that you must inform us of any change of address. If a card is sent to your old address and you have not told us of the changes then you may be required to pay for a replacement. Because of the renewal processes we suggest this is no later than 28 days before your current card expires.


Sometimes your card may be de-activated. This can be for many reasons, for example:

  • Your pass has been reported as lost, broken or stolen and has already been replaced.
  • We have written to you or sent you your new pass but the letter was sent back to us stating you have changed address.
  • We have written to you requesting information and did not get a response.

If your card is hot listed, the driver will tell you and keep your pass. If they believe you are the person on the card, they will let you make your journey. Any further journeys, you will need pay the fare until you have the correct pass or a replacement pass is issued. A card can never be unhotlisted.

Get in touch

If you have a question, comment or concern about our service please contact us using the details below:

Tel. 0300 1234 222


Concessionary Fares
PO Box 769

We aim to reply to you within 5 working days.