This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Report a problem with a road, highway or footway

If you need to report something that is causing an immediate danger or is an emergency please call 0300 1234 222.

To let us know about a problem you have found with a road or pavement, please use the forms below.

You can track the progress of an issue you have already reported.

Electrical Problem iconReport a problem with a street light, illuminated street signs and bollards, non emergency issues with permanent traffic lights or controlled pedestrian crossings.

Take me there

Potholes icon

Report a pothole in a road or pavement.

Take me there

Hedges and verges icon

Report issues with overgrown hedges, trees or verges that you feel are potential safety, obstruction or visibility concerns. 

Please do not use this for routine/general grass cutting requests. For general grass cutting please contact us online.

Take me there

Blocked Manhole Draincover icon

Including standing Water (after it has stopped raining), flooding, blocked drain, water flowing from adjoining land, flooding of property.

Take me there

Parking icon showing a car

Report an illegal parking issue to our parking enforcement team. 

Take me there

Street Works icon

Report an issue with traffic lights, skips, scaffolds, hoardings or other issues with roadworks.

This may include cones, pedestrian barriers, unprotected excavations, Builders’ materials, footway crossings, banners or bunting.

Take me there

Road surface icon

Report issues with roads, including large areas of uneven surface, depressions, trench failure, edge deterioration, crazing or crumbling road surface. 

Please do not use this form to report potholes

Take me there

Defective Road Makings And Signs icon

Report a damaged or missing road sign, road marking or bollard.

Take me there

Debris Mud Spillages icon

Report mud, debris or a spillage on a road. 

Take me there

Fences And Barriers icon

Report damaged safety barriers or fences on the road.

Take me there

Defective Manhole Draincover icon

Report broken or rocking manholes or drain covers. 

Take me there

Bridges Structures icon

Report issues with damaged bridges, retaining walls or structures. 

Take me there

Street Furniture icon

Report issues with damaged or missing benches and seats, planters, bus shelters and street furniture.

Take me there

Winter Maintenance iconReport damaged or unusable grit bins.

Take me there

Icon for rights of way

Report an issue on a public footpath, bridleway or byway.


Take me there

Question mark icon for reportingReport any other highways defect not listed in the options above.

Examples might include: missing/uneven block paving, loose kerbs, minor (not dangerous) land/hedge slip. Please do not use this to report emergencies but call 03001234222.

For general highways enquiries please contact us online.

Take me there