This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Roads, highways and pavements privacy notice

Who will control my data?

The Data Controller for all the information you provide as part of this reporting process is Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY.

If you need help in understanding or completing this process, please contact the Customer Services team on telephone number 0300 1234 222 or by emailing

The information you provide will be used to fulfil your request for service as part of fulfilling the public task. e.g. providing statutory duties under the Highways Act 1980 and the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. Including Highways and Environment operations and Network Management activities.

We will only use this information in to fulfil your enquiry/request for service. We may also share your information with our relevant teams and service delivery partners within the Highway and/or Environment sections to help fulfil your request.

Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises or our system vendor‘s secure network and will not be processed outside of (the UK/the EEA). Access to your information will be restricted to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.

Our policy requires data submitted to be held indefinitely for asset management and liability purposes.

Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:

  • be informed of how we will process it
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes 
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you

If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:-

Simon Mansell
Data Protection Officer
Cornwall Council
County Hall

Tel: 01872 326424

We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office:

You have asked us to provide a service/response. We need your name, contact and requested service details in order to fulfil/respond accordingly. We may also require address information to help us to locate an issue. Incomplete submissions may lead to delays in responding.