This site is no longer maintained
This website should only be accessed for School Messenger, SIS or planning agents information.

Street Works

The Council’s Streetworks Team coordinate road works, temporary highways licences and community events to ensure that congestion on the roads is kept to a minimum.  We do this by controlling activities that may interfere with the free passage of vehicles and pedestrians on the Highway

If you wish to create a new access or make alterations to an existing access over a footway or verge you are required to create a vehicle crossing (dropped kerb).

Find out about obtaining a licence to decorate a street with banners, bunting, seasonal lights or hanging baskets

A licence is required for non-excavation work within the highway, for example tree works, depositing materials or site facilities and traffic management.

A temporary traffic regulation order is required to either restrict vehicular or pedestrian activity with a road closure or control activity using temporary traffic lights.  

Traffic sensitive routes may have restrictions to maintain traffic flow at commuter times.

A licence is required, under Section 171 of the Highways Act, to excavate the highway (not for installation of apparatus or vehicle crossovers)

A licence is required under Section 50 for a non Statutory Undertakers to repair existing apparatus.